Text Box Tool
Last modified: December 23, 2019
The Text Box tool displays a free form text box in an app or macro. The user-entered value is passed to downstream tools.
- Enter the text or question to be displayed: Instructional text displayed to the end user.
- Default Text: Optional. Enter the text displayed in the text box that the end user can replace. Left blank, the end user sees an empty text box to populate.
- Mask Text (for passwords): Optional. Select so the end user will see * for every character they enter into the text box.
- Multiline: Optional. Select to allow users to enter multiple lines of text. The displayed text box is larger.
- Hide control (for API development): Optional. Select to hide the text box from the end user, but allow the developer to inject values into the app execution via the API.