Text Input Tool
Use the Text Input tool to manually enter text to create small data files for input, which can be useful in testing and creating Lookup tables while developing.
The data input from the Text Input tool saves within the workflow, so the workflow can be shared without having to provide an input data file.
Configure the Tool
- Select the cells to enter your data values. The tool will auto-configure based on the values you type in.
- You can rename Field Names by selecting the header cells and entering text in the box.
Use the toolbar above the Configuration window to perform these actions:
- Import: Browse an existing data file or connection. The user can then add columns or rows of data for manual data entry. The Text Input tool is limited to 1000 total cells on import. The user can then add more cells if needed.
- Copy: Copy selected values onto the clipboard.
- Paste: Paste values from the clipboard into a cell.
- Delete: Options include:
- All: Deletes all the data in the grid.
- Rows: Deletes the current, highlighted rows.
- Column: Deletes the current, highlighted columns.
- Header: Deletes all column headers in the grid.
- Insert: Options include Row, Column, and Header insertion.
Any blank cells come out as NULL values.
Navigate Cells with Keyboard
- Tab key moves the cursor into cells from Left to Right.
- Shift+Tab moves the cursor into cells from Right to Left.
- Up and Down arrow keys move from the cursor into cells from row to row.
For information regarding Input, Output, Annotation, and Error Properties, see Tool Configuration.