Tool Container Tool
Use the Tool Container tool to organize tools in a workflow. Use the tool to isolate a section or process in a workflow. Tool containers can be disabled to prevent the tools inside from running, and also collapsed to take up less room on the canvas.
Group Tools in a Container
There are multiple ways to group tools in a container:
- Select one or more tools on the canvas and right-click, then select Add To New Container.
- Drag the Tool Container tool to the canvas, placing it near the tools you want to group. Select Ctrl, select tools, then drag and drop them in the container.
To expand or collapse a container, select the icon in the upper-right portion of the container.
Modify Container Contents
- To delete a container without deleting the tools in it, right-click the expanded container and select Delete Container Only.
- To remove a tool from a container, select the tool and drag it out of the container.
Disable a Container
Disable a container when you do not want to run a section or process in a workflow you are building. The disabled container collapses and the tools within it do not process data until enabled again.
To disable the container...
- In the container's Configuration window, select Disabled.
- Select the toggle at the top left of the container so the slider is to the left.
To enable the container...
- In the container's Configuration window, deselect Disabled.
- Select the toggle at the top left of the container so the slider is to the right.
A container can also be enabled or disabled dynamically within an app or macro using an Action tool.
Configure the Tool
- In the Configuration window, enter a name for the container in Caption, or double-click the container box on the canvas and enter text directly into the box. The default text is "Container" and the tool ID displayed in ID.
- Set the color theme for the tool container.
- Select "..." next to Text Color, Fill Color, and Border Color and select a color from the palette or enter RGB values.
- In Transparency, enter a value or use the up/down icons to set the color transparency.
- In Margin, select a width to change the space between the tool container border and the contained tools.
To set the default fill container color, go to Options > User Settings > Edit User Settings and select Canvas.