Tool Container Tool
The Tool Container tool organizes tools in a workflow.
Use the Tool Container tool to isolate a section or process in a workflow. Tool containers can be disabled to prevent the tools inside from running, and also collapsed to take up less room on the canvas.
Group tools in a container
There are multiple ways to group tools in a container:
- Click one or more tools on the canvas and right click, then click Add To New Container.
- Drag the Tool Container tool to the canvas, placing it near the tools you want to group. Press Ctrl, click tools, then drag and drop them in the container.
To expand or collapse a container, click .
Modify container contents
To delete a container without deleting the tools in it, right-click the expanded container and click Delete Container Only.
To remove a tool from a container, click the tool and drag it out of the container.
Disable a container
Disable a container when you do not want to run a section or process in a workflow you are building. The disabled container collapses and the tools within it will not process data until enabled again.
To disable the container:
- In the container's Configuration window, select Disabled.
- Click the toggle at the top left of the container so the slider is to the left.
To enable the container:
- In the container's Configuration window, deselect Disabled.
- Click the toggle at the top left of the container so the slider is to the right.
A container can also be enabled or disabled dynamically within an app or macro using an Action tool. See Action Tool.
- In the Configuration window, type a name for the container in Caption, or double-click the container box on the canvas and type directly into the box. The default text is "Container" and the tool ID displayed in ID.
- Set the color theme for the tool container.
- Click next to Text Color, Fill Color, and Border Color and select a color from the palette or type RGB values.
- In Transparency, type or click to set the color transparency.
- Click Margin and select a width to change the space between the tool container border and the contained tools.
To set the default fill container color, go to Options > User Settings > Edit User Settings and click Canvas.