Google Sheets Input Tool
The Google Sheets Input tool downloads data from your Google Sheets spreadsheet, directly into your Alteryx workflow.
This tool is not automatically installed with Alteryx Designer. To use this tool, download it from the Alteryx Analytics Gallery.
To run your workflow and download your Google sheets data, login and select a spreadsheet and sheet name from which to import.
Configure the Tool
To run your workflow and download your Google sheets data, sign in to your Google account, and select the spreadsheet and sheet name you want to import.
To authenticate and connect to your Google spreadsheet, follow these steps:
You will need to accept the consent forms to allow Alteryx to read (through the Input tool) your Google Sheets’ files.
- Click the Connect button, located in the Configuration panel.
- Sign in to your Google account by entering your credentials.
- Under Select a Spreadsheet>select your Google spreadsheet that you want to run through your workflow. Click the Next button.
- Check the First row contains field names box, followed by selecting the sheet name.
- Click the Done button for Alteryx Designer to set the first row of input as field header information.
If you leave this option unchecked, Alteryx will assign field names based on their order (e.g. 0, 1, 2).
The Developer sign-in authentication method uses the Google Spreadsheets API, and may time out when trying to download large files. If you encounter this issue:
- Break one large sheet into two or more smaller sheets.
- Use a Google Sheets Input tool for each sheet, and combine the results with the Union Tool.