Error Message Tool
Last modified: October 21, 2019
Use any of these methods to build an expression:
- Type directly in Expression:.
- Click Variables to browse through variables that can be used in the expression. Double-click the variable to add it to the expression editor.
- Connections from Questions: Values from an Interface tool connected to the Question anchor of a tool with an expression editor, when the tool is used in an app or macro. Use the Question anchor when you want question values to be used as variables in the expression. See Interface Tools.
- Constants: Global variables for a workflow that make it possible to change a value in a single location and have that change apply to the rest of the workflow. See Constants.
- Click Functions: to browse through categories of functions. Double-click the function to add it to the expression editor. See Functions.
- Click Saved Expressions: to browse through recent and saved expressions. Double-click the expression to add it to the expression editor.
- To save an expression
- Type the expression in the editor.
- Click Saved Expressions.
- Click Save.
- Type a name for the expression and click OK.
If Expression is true, display error message: Type the error message to display to the user.