Map Legend Splitter Tool
The Map Legend Splitter tool takes a legend from the Report Map Tool and splits it into its component parts. Once split, the legend can be customized by the use of other tools. Use the Map Legend Builder Tool to easily build the legend again.
Configure the tool
This tool is expecting a report snippet that consists of a map legend. This information is contained in the "Legend" field. Prior to using this tool, ensure a Report Map tool is upstream. On your Report Map tool, set your Legend Position to "Separate Field".
- Ensure the Legend Field is set to your legend field. If the legend was created using the Report Map tool, the legend field is titled Legend.
View the output
The Output of the Legend splitter for this legend
will look something like this:
- Text: The text you can see in the legend.
- Image: The report snippet with the legend image.
- Theme fields: The themed layer's legend text is split into its components.
- Style fields: The table styling elements for the PCXML table.