The Arrange tool allows you to manually transpose and rearrange your data fields for presentation purposes. Data is transformed so that each record is turned into multiple records and columns can be created by using field description data.
Configure the tool
Key Fields: Select columns from your data stream. Click All to select all fields or click Clear to deselect all fields.
Create and manipulate Output Fields.
To create a new output field, click Column and select Add to open the Add Column window.
- Column Header: Enter the name of the new column of data.
- Fill in Description Column: Select Add New Description to create a column containing your description value of the selected fields. Select [None] if you do not want to add a description column.
- Description Mode: How the description field is populated.
- Take from Descriptions: Populated with the description metainfo.
- Take from Field Names: Populated with the field name.
- Leave empty: Not populated.
- Description Header: Type the desired column name for the new description field.
- Fields: Select the fields that contain the data to fill your new column. Click All to select all fields or click Clear to deselect all fields.
To adjust existing columns, click Column and select:
- Delete: Deletes the entire column of the highlighted record.
- Rename Column Header: Prompts you with a rename box for the column of the highlighted record.
- Replace Highlighted Descriptions: Prompts you with a search and replace box and replaces the text as specified for the highlighted records.
- Replace Entire Column Descriptions: Prompts you with a search and replace box and replaces the text as specified for the entire description column.
To adjust rows, click Row and select:
- Add: Adds a blank row. Manually enter the description and use the drop down to select a field.
- Delete: Deletes a selected row.
To arrange existing data:
- Use the left and right arrows to reorder selected columns.
- Use the up and down arrows to reorder selected rows.