Last modified: December 30, 2019
The Summarize tool can conduct a host of Summary Processes, including grouping, summing, count, spatial object processing, string concatenation, and much more.
Data fields from the input appear in the Fields section.
- Click to select the field to perform summaries on (Shift + click to select multiple fields to execute the same summary).
Use the Select drop-down to the right to make multiple field selections. Choices include:
- All: All fields are selected to apply to actions.
- None: Deselects all fields.
- Numeric: Only numeric fields are selected (integers, fixed decimals, floats, doubles) to apply to Actions.
- String: Only string fields are selected to apply to Actions.
- Spatial: Only spatial fields are selected to apply to Actions
- With the field(s) selected, click the Add button. Depending on the data fields' type, you may choose different Summary Processes. Processes will be grayed out if they depend on different Data Types than those selected.
- Make the selection and it appears in the Actions section.
- From the Actions section, you can select the field and use the up, down, and delete buttons to specify field order for the output.
- Rename a field by typing a new field name into the Output Field Name column.
- Properties: Additional properties need specification for certain actions. Actions with additional properties specification include Concatenate Strings and Finance actions.