Release Date: June 3, 2020
- Alteryx Intelligence Suite: The Alteryx Intelligence Suite is now available as a Designer add-on. Alteryx Intelligence Suite offers Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing (NLP) capabilities on top of the great features that are already available with your Designer license. Visit Alteryx Intelligence Suite to learn more.
- Alteryx Multi-threaded Processing (AMP): Alteryx Multi-threaded Processing (AMP) is a new architecture of Alteryx Engine, designed to work with larger volumes of data at higher velocity. To learn more about the AMP engine as well as differences between the original engine and AMP, visit these resources:
AMP Engine supports Standard, Iterative, and Batch Macros. In addition, 50 tools have been converted to run with AMP.
- Two new functions were added to the Data Cleansing tool: Remove Null Rows and Remove Null Columns.
- They're back! Due to popular demand, the Open, Save, Cut, Copy, Paste, Undo, and Redo functions were added to the Designer toolbar.
- Several updates and improvements were made to the Browse tool data profiling:
- The holistic view now shows the top values for each column of data. Use the toggle to switch between the top values view and the data profiling charts.
- For columns that contain only 1 distinct value across all rows, the Only one value message displays.
- For columns where each value is unique, the All values are unique message displays.
- You can now see value ranges at a glance in the holistic view for numerical and data-time columns.
- You can now see a list of up to 1,000 distinct top values via the more > link in the top values view.
- We added international support to the DateTime tool. Designer now supports dates and times in multiple languages and locale formats.
- The Text Input tool cell import limit was increased to 10,000.
- We made a few enhancements to the Formula tool:
- You can now delete formulas when they are collapsed in the Configuration window.
- When you double-click a column name inside of an expression, the brackets around the column name are also selected.
- Hover tooltips for functions were updated to improve accuracy and consistency.
- We made some updates to ensure a seamless, smooth experience when you use Designer in a non-EN language.
- In-product help directs to content in the selected language.
- Search links to results in localized Community pages. Currently, this is supported for FR, DE, JP, ES, and PT languages.
- Canvas annotation font defaults to a supported language font when you switch to a different language.
- New One Model Examples are available in all supported languages. Download these via the Licensing Portal. Select Alteryx Designer > Alteryx Machine Learning Toolkit and select a download option.
- R was upgraded to 3.6.3 from 3.5.3., discontinuing support for Microsoft R Client and Microsoft Machine Learning Server.
- CEF and Chromium were upgraded:
- CEF was upgraded to 3.3396.1786.gd3e36d0 from 3.3202.1694.gf061c23.
- Chromium was upgraded to 67.0.3396.79 from 62.0.3202.9400.
Release Date: March 5, 2020
- Gallery Artisans will now see an additional confirmation dialog after selecting Sharing > Place in Public Gallery. This serves as another reminder that content is being shared in the Public Gallery. Additionally, when users select Save As in Designer, they will now see explicit options for Private Gallery and Public Gallery.
- Simplified Chinese is now available in Designer, making it the 8th supported language.
- You can now toggle to any one of our eight supported languages within Designer. Access all supported languages and Localization Settings via the Globe icon next to Help in the main menu.
- You can now sort your tool palette to follow the English Alphabetical order, even if you're running in a non-EN user interface. Access this new feature via the main menu Globe icon > Localization Settings > Tool Palette Order. We do not yet support the sorting of Kanji characters.
Several enhancements related to Excel file input have been made:
- When you select a .xlsx or .xlsm Excel file in the Input Data and the Output Data tools, you will now be able to select a range for cells, rows, or columns.
- The Excel Input dialog screen now has a Refresh button. If you can't input an Excel sheet because the file is open, you can now close the file in Excel and select Refresh from the input dialog without closing and reopening the dialog screen.
- The List of Sheet Names option in the Input Data tool for .xlsx files now returns the sheet names in the order they appear in Excel.
- You can now Preserve Formatting on Overwrite when overwriting a sheet or range via the Output Data tool Options. In order to preserve formatting, you must:
- Select Overwrite Sheet or Range via Output Options.
- Specify cell ranges in the output file path.
The following keyboard shortcuts are now available in Designer:
- Select the Tool Palette: Ctrl + Shift + T
- Select the Overview panel: Ctrl + Shift + V
- Select the Results panel: Ctrl + Shift + G (results grid)
- Select the Configuration panel: Ctrl + Shift + C
- Select the Canvas: Ctrl + Shift + W
- Select the Interface Designer Window: Ctrl + Shift + D
- If you select a single tool on your canvas, the F2 key on your keyboard will now open the tool's Annotation configuration window with the cursor placed in the Annotation text field.
- The font size of container names is no longer oversized when printing a workflow.
- The Macro Input questions are no longer deleted from the XML when they are cached.
- Comments inside tool containers no longer hide tools in 2018.4.
- The join order (Input_#1, Input_#2, etc.) in the Join Multiple tool is now maintained after saving.
- You can now resize column widths in the tool configuration window. This is particularly helpful when working with long field names in the Join, Append Fields, and Join Multiple tools that previously required the configuration panel to be expanded in order to see all the columns.
- You can now change the color of the input string number so that it is visible when opting into a darkened canvas in Designer. Go to User Settings > Canvas > Connection Settings > Text Color.
- You can now open multiple copies of the same workflow again by selecting Allow multiple tabs of the same file to be open in User Settings or by selecting the Shift key while opening a file to open more than one of them.
- Holistic profiling allows you to view profiling for multiple columns at once in a single view via the Browse tool.
Release Date: December 9, 2019
- The Input Data tool now supports reading Tableau Hyper Data Extract (.hyper) files.
- The Multi-Field Formula tool field selection pane is now re-sizable and can accommodate a large number of fields.
- You can now insert and delete a header from the drop-down menu in the Text Input tool, making copying and pasting easier.
- You can now select all left or right fields in a Join Tool via the context menu.
- The Find tool allows you to search by the Tool ID.
- There are now more options for copying and pasting a tool in a workflow.
- Multi Resolution Raster (MRR) created by Pitney Bowes is the new reader for read file only, supporting a single raster band from a file, with each pixel in the raster band containing a value.
- You can now turn location data into business outcomes with high-quality, detailed base maps from Mapbox. Mapbox macros are now available in the Alteryx Gallery.
- You can now use your dataset to calculate/aggregate (aggregate within the tool) the sum, count, average, minimum, and maximum of your selected value(s) chosen.