In the Workflow Dependencies window, tools are grouped by the input or output path or data specifications used in configuration. You can edit paths individually or as a group to be relative or absolute.
Edit paths in Workflow Dependencies to prepare your workflows to be shared and deployed across your organization.
With a workflow open, select Options > Advanced Options > Workflow Dependencies to open the window.
Workflow Dependencies displays a table of all inputs, outputs, and data in a workflow. The table can be viewed in two ways:
- Show individual Tools: (Default) Displays the configuration of each tool dependent on a data file.
- Group by Dependency: Displays tools in groups based on a common dependency.
- Select Edit next to the dependency.
- Review the dependency details.
- Data Source: Displays the full path of the dependency as it is configured in the workflow.
- Table/Query: Displays the table name or query specified for the dependency.
- Test Error: Displays any error associated with the data.
- Select or deselect tools, to which you want edits to apply. All tools affected by the dependency display in the list.
- Select a button to edit paths.
Options to edit paths
Select one of these buttons:
- All Relative: Change the file dependencies to a relative path to the workflow location: . . . \SampleData\Pet Stores_wData.TAB
- All Absolute: Change all file dependencies to an absolute path to the file location: C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\RuntimeData\Samples\SampleData\Pet Stores_wData.TAB
- All UNC: Change all file dependencies to Uniform Naming Convention; Designer renames all mapped drives to a network resource: \\Computer Name\C\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\RuntimeData\Samples\SampleData\Pet Stores_wData.TAB
- Test: Check connections and report errors.
For reference, the workflow path displays at the bottom of Workflow Dependencies.
- Select OK.
Tools in Workflow Dependencies
Tools configured with data files can be edited in Workflow Dependencies.
You can edit any part of a file path in these tools:
- Input Data tool
- Output Data tool
- Dynamic Input tool
- Run Command tool
- Directory tool
- Spatial Match tool
- Email tool
- Calgary tool
You can only edit part of the file path in these tools:
- Render tool: Edit any part of the file path including location, directory, name, or file type.
- Street Geocoder tool: Choose any installed Alteryx Geocoder dataset to use for geocoding.
- Trade Area tool, Distance tool, Find Nearest tool: Choose any installed Drivetime dataset to use for drive time analysis.
- Allocate Input tool, Allocate Metainfo tool, Allocate Append tool, Allocate Report tool: Choose any installed Allocate dataset to use for demographic data retrieval. Geography and variable selections will be maintained in the workflow.
- Macros not found in the default Macro Directory: \Program Files\Alteryx\bin\RuntimeData\Macros
Macros that are saved to the default Macro directory are not included in Workflow Dependencies.
You can view these tools, but not edit them, in Workflow Dependencies:
- Tools that use a non-configurable dataset: CASS tool and US ZIP9 Coder tool both require a dataset, but Alteryx will always use the Most Recent Vintage.
Some tools cannot be edited in Workflow Dependencies. Edit these tools during tool configuration, before packaging or scheduling a workflow.