HTML GUI SDK
The HTML GUI SDK is a library of extensions used to create the graphical user interface (GUI) for the configuration panel for a custom Alteryx Designer tool.
Creating a custom tool with an HTML GUI involves working with an SDK. For this reason, we assume you are familiar with:
- File management
The library consists of three categories of classes:
- Widgets: Classes that create the user interface, providing control of appearance and action.
- Data items: Classes that store values and configuration, allowing for persistence in the configuration between interactions with the tool.
- Core: Classes that manage the tool's lifecycle, and connect widgets and data items.
For more information about these classes, see API reference documentation.
To use the SDK, determine how your tool needs to handle configuration loading and persistence, and how the tool synchronizes data. There are a number of lifecycle method options, which provide different levels of persistence and difficulty. See Lifecycle Methods to determine the best approach for your tool.
Once you have determined the functionality of your tool:
- Visit Supported Widgets for interface elements you can use to match the Alteryx style.
- Visit Supported Data Items to determine how to store the user data from the widgets.
To debug the CEF, see Debugging the CEF.