Use the .NET API to integrate Alteryx functionality into your own applications and back-end systems. The following assemblies are included:
- AlteryxAPI.Net.dll: This assembly includes classes for running workflows and apps, accessing properties and settings for Alteryx, as well as high-level classes for accessing Allocate, Solocast, and Calgary functionality.
- AlteryxDocument.dll: This assembly provides access to Alteryx workflow properties and settings, including runtime settings for apps and macros.
- Allocate.Net.dll: This assembly exposes the low-level API for Allocate.
- Solocast.Net.dll: This assembly exposes the low-level API for Solocast.
- SrcUtils_DotNet.dll: This assembly includes utilities to support some of the Allocate and Solocast functionality.
To use the Alteryx API, include AlteryxAPI.Net.dll as a reference in your project. Then, copy the required DLLs to the appropriate folders. The required DLLs are found in the C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\ folder in your Alteryx Designer installation. See the AlteryxEngine API Overview.
You must have Visual C++ 2015 installed globally to use the .NET API. Alternatively, you can include the Visual C++ 2015 redistributable DLLs. You can find the DLLs in the Alteryx Designer installation folder: C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\.
For more information about the Alteryx API, visit the API documentation in the Alteryx Designer installation folder: C:\Program Files\Alteryx\APIs\AlteryxEngineAPI.chm.
Copy Required DLLs
The .NET DLLs contain resources required by the Alteryx API and must be copied to the appropriate folders for your executable to function properly.
- Create a folder structure to store the required DLLs and include the following DLL as a reference in your project:
- C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\AlteryxAPI.Net.dll
- C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\AlteryxDocument.dll
- C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\Base.Net.dll
- Copy the following DLLs to the same folder where you plan to load AlteryxAPI.Net.dll:
- C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\FlxComm64.dll
- C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\FlxConnect64.dll
- C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\FlxCore64.dll
- Copy the following DLL to the same folder as the executable that will call into AlteryxAPI.Net.dll:
For Alteryx versions 19.3 and later, only copy the following:
Example Folder Structure