Python Environment Help Commands
Alteryx provides several help commands for developers working in our Python environment. To enable these commands:
- Run the Python executable found in your Alteryx installation location.
Each of these commands assumes the installation location:
Adjust the command if you are using a different installation location.
- Run these commands at the Python prompt.
import os, sys
os.environ['PATH'] = r'c:\program files\alteryx\bin;' + os.environ['PATH']
sys.path.insert(1, r'c:\program files\alteryx\bin\plugins')
With the help functions enabled, you can use the following commands to access Alteryx-specific assistance. The generated help does not include methods that your Python file requires to be accessed by the Alteryx engine. For examples of the required methods, see the Python Example Tool, in the SDK Example category within Alteryx Designer.
- To access all help information:
- To access the help related to one class:
- To access the help related to one method: