On the Credentials page, create and manage credentials available to be used and shared when running workflows in the Gallery.
Access the Gallery Admin Interface
Access the Gallery Admin interface directly via the following URL: [BaseAddress]/gallery/admin
You can also access the Gallery Admin interface via Gallery. To do so, select your username and select Admin.
To manage credentials, select Credentials on the Admin toolbar.
Select the Workflow Credentials Setting
The Workflow Credentials Setting on the Configuration page of the Admin interface determines the credentials required for running workflows.
- Use Default Credentials: Runs all workflows using the default Run As account, which defaults to the LocalSystem account. The Run As account may be defined on any of the following process levels, listed in order of precedence:
- Per studio subscription via Default Credentials.
- Per Server worker node by adding a Run As account via Server System Settings.
- Per Server via modification to Alteryx Service with the Windows Services Console.
- Require User Credentials: Prompts users to enter their credentials when they run the workflow.
- Allow Users to Select: Allows users to select credentials requirements when saving a workflow in Designer to a private Gallery. Options include:
- User is not required to specify credentials
- User must specify their own credentials
- Always run this workflow with these credentials
The credentials setting you select might require additional user permissions. For information on setting Run As User permissions, see Set Required Run As User Permissions.
Changing the credentials setting in these ways automatically disables schedules in the Gallery:
- Use Default Credentials to Require User Credentials.
- Require User Credentials to Use Default Credentials.
- Allow Users to Select to Require User Credentials, if users did not create schedules with credentials.
- Allow Users to Select to Use Default Credentials, if users created schedules using their credentials.
Create a New Workflow Credential
- On the Credentials page, click Add New Credentials.
- Type a user's user name and password in Username and Password. The password must be 62 characters or less.
- Click Save.
The Gallery validates credentials using active directory. If the credentials are invalid or do not exist, an error message displays.
- On the Credentials page, click a credential name.
- Click Users and Studios.
- Search for and select a user or subscription to share the credentials with.