Data Connection Manager: Gallery Interface
The Data Connection Manager is a secure, unified vault for storing user credentials for data connections. The Data Connection Manager improves security by moving your credentials outside the workflow. It also allows you to synchronize credentials between Server and Designer.
Add a Credential
To add a credential go to the Data Connection Manager.
- Select Add Credential.
- Enter a Credential Name. This is a user-friendly name for the credential. We recommend using a name that will help you to keep the usage for this credential obvious and keep the names distinct.
- The Authentication Method defaults to Password as this is the only method supported at this time.
- The Username field isn't available at this time as you have to specify the username in the connection string at this time.
- Enter a password in the Password field.
- Check Allow SDK Access to allow the credential to be used by the SDK tools in engine.
- Select Add.
The credential displays in the Data Connection Manager credential list.
Share a Credential with Users and Groups
After you create a credential you can to share the connection with users or custom groups to use in Designer.
- On the Data Connection Manager page, select the credential you want to share.
- On the Credential Details screen, select Users or Custom Groups, then Add User or Add Group.
- Enter the name of a user or group.
- Select the user or group.
- Select Add.
The user or group you share the credential with is listed on the corresponding tab.
Revoke Access to a Credential
To revoke a user's or group's access to a connection, select the trash icon next to the user or group name.