The Data Connection Manager (DCM) is a secure, unified vault for storing user credentials for data connections. The DCM improves security by moving user credentials outside the workflow. It also allows users to synchronize credentials between Server and Designer. Go to the DCM.E help page for Designer for more info.
Configure the DCM settings on the component on the DCM screens in System Settings.
Enable DCM for your Organization
Check Enable DCM for your Organization to enable the Data Connection Manager for your organization. This allows users to use the Credential Manager within Designer under File > Manage Credentials. See the DCM.E help page for more info.
Note, if Enable DCM for your Organization is unchecked, users can override under Options > User Settings > Edit User Settings > DCM to gain access to the Credential Manager. If you want to prevent this, uncheck Allow Override by User.
Default DCM Option
Select an option for default credential handling and storage.
- Enabled: Users can choose to store passwords in DCM rather than in the workflow.
- Default: DCM is enabled by default, to store passwords in DCM.
- Only: Users can't enter passwords into the workflow. Users can only choose from passwords stored in DCM.
- Enforced: Passwords are stored in DCM. This option does not work with legacy authenticated workflows.
- Off: passwords are embedded in the workflows.
Gallery (SDK) Tools Support
- Disabled: SDK tools aren't supported. Users can't check Allow for SDK in the Credential Manager for each credential.
- Allowed: SDK tools are supported. Users can check Allow for SDK in the Credential Manager for each credential.
- Enabled for all - SDK tools are supported. The Allow for Gallery option is checked by default in the Credential Manager.
Allow Override by User
Check Allow Override by User to allow users to override these organization-level settings. When checked, users can override any of the above settings under Options > User Settings > Edit User Settings > DCM. Uncheck Allow Override by User to enforce organization-level settings for all users.