What's New in Current Server Version 2020.1
Release Date: March 5, 2020
Improved User Role Management
- All user roles are now set on the User page rather than within subscriptions. Roles can now be managed in bulk. See Administer Users for more info.
- Curator and Member are now roles that can be selected in the Role dropdown on the user grid within the Admin interface. See Administer Users for more info.
- A default user role can now be specified for galleries using any authentication method. See Administer Users for more info.
- The role value No Access can now be selected in Galleries using any authentication method. Use the No Access role to control initial access to the gallery when new users sign up using Integrated Windows or SAML Authentication. See Administer Users for more info.
- User management for Integrated Windows Authentication has been improved.
- We have removed the Permissions tab from the Admin interface for Galleries using Integrated Windows Authentication.
- Group management is now a tab on the User page. See Administer Users for more info.
MongoDB Connection Strings
There is a new option in System Settings > Controller > Persistence that allows for the specification of a MongoDB connection string for your persistence database. Use connection strings if you require support for TLS/SSL, replica sets, sharding, or MongoDB Atlas. if you were previously using replica sets or sharding you have to change to a connection string. See Controller and Gallery to learn more.
Create Collections Permission on New User Setup
The Create Collections permission can be set when creating a new user. See Administer Users to learn more.
Install Configuration File Path Changes
Two install configuration file paths have moved to improve organization and system consistency.
- Configuration files have a new location.
- The webroot has also changed.
We continued to make improvements to the user interface, including the gallery log in and sign-up pages.