Docs are available before the release of Designer Cloud so you can get a sneak peek. This content might change between now and the official release.
One Tool Example
Arrange has a One Tool Example. Visit Sample Workflows to learn how to access this and many other examples directly in Alteryx Designer Cloud.
Use Arrange to manually transpose and rearrange your columns for presentation purposes. Data is transformed so that each row is turned into multiple rows, and you can create new columns using column description data.
Configure the Tool
In Columns to Group By, check columns from your data stream. Check All to select all columns, or search for a specific column using the search bar.
Create New Column
Select Create New Column to open the configuration window to customize your new column.
- New Column Header: Enter the name of the new column of data.
- Populate with Values From: Select the columns that contain the data to fill your new column. Check Check All to select all columns or search for a specific column using the search bar.
- Add Label Column: Use this checkbox to specify labels for your arranged data. The Label Column is added next to your new column.
- Label Column Header: Enter the name of the new label column.
- Populate With: How the label column is populated.
- Column Headers: Populated with the column name.
- Description from Metadata: Populated with the description metadata.
- Empty Values: Not populated.
Select Create Column to add the new column to the Output Table in the Arrange tool configuration window.
After a new column is created, it appears in the Output Table in the Arrange tool configuration window.
To adjust columns, select a column and select...
- Delete: Delete the entire column of the highlighted row.
- Add: Use the plus-sign button to add a blank column. This brings up the Create New Column configuration window.
To adjust rows, select a row, then select...
- Add: Use the plus-sign button to add a blank row. Manually enter the label column, and use the dropdown to select the column you want to Populate with Values From.
- Delete: Delete the selected row.
To arrange existing data...
- Use the up and down arrows to reorder selected rows.
- Use the left and right arrows to reorder selected columns.