Docs are available before the release of Designer Cloud so you can get a sneak peek. This content might change between now and the official release.
The Designer Cloud Results window lets you perform several data manipulations on a given column in your dataset that you can then add to your workflow as tools. Specifically, the Results window supports the Select, Filter, and Sort data manipulations.
The Results window gives you access to some of the functionality that you would normally find in the Select tool. Specifically, you can rename a column, change a column's data type, or remove a column from the dataset. To perform any of these actions...
- Hover your mouse over a column header and select the vertical ellipsis icon to access the Select options for that column.
- Choose a Select option:
- Rename: Select this option to rename your column and enter a new name directly into the column header. Use the Enter key on your keyboard to submit the update.
- Change Data Type: Change the data type for the column. Choose from one of the common options or select More Types for a full list.
- Remove: Remove the column of data.
- Once you apply a change to a column, the change is indicated with a blue circle next to the vertical ellipses icon.
The Results window also gives you access to basic filtering options that are otherwise available via the Filter tool. To create a basic filter based on data from a given column...
- Hover your mouse over a column header and select the vertical ellipsis icon to access the Filter options for that column.
- Select Filter to create a basic filter condition like what is available via the Filter tool. The available filter operators vary based on the data type of the selected column.
- Create your condition and select Apply. The Results window refreshes and shows only the data that matches the active filter condition. The column where the filter was applied is indicated with a blue circle next to the vertical ellipses icon.
- To remove the filter, hover over the filtered column and select the vertical ellipses icon. Select Filter and select the Clear link. The Results window refreshes to show data without the filter.
To create a custom or advanced filter condition, use and configure a Filter tool in your workflow.
The Results window also gives you access to sorting options that are otherwise available via the Sort tool. To sort a specific column in your Results window...
- Hover your mouse over a column header and select the vertical ellipsis icon to access the Sort options for that column.
- Select Sort.
- Select one of these sorting options and select Apply. The column where the sort was applied is indicated with a blue circle next to the vertical ellipses icon.
- Sort Smallest --> Largest or Sort A --> Z (Depends on the data type.)
- Sort Largest --> Smallest or Sort Z --> A (Depends on the data type.)
- Don't Sort: Default option.
- To remove the Sort, select the Don't Sort option.
Apply to Canvas
After you make edits to a column, you might want to make sure that the edits are carried to downstream tools in your workflow. The Results window lets you apply your edits to your canvas as tools.
To apply your changes as tools...
- Expand the Apply to Canvas window within the Results grid. Any updates that you made are queued and available to apply.
- Select the Apply & Run button to apply the updates to your workflow, or select Reset to return the Results window to its original state.
If you apply the changes, note that the associated tool is added to the workflow directly after the tool where you made the edits.