Multi-Row Formula Tool
Docs are available before the release of Designer Cloud so you can get a sneak peek. This content might change between now and the official release.
One Tool Example
Multi-Row Formula has a One Tool Example. Visit Sample Workflows to learn how to access this and many other examples directly in Alteryx Designer Cloud.
Use Multi-Row Formula to apply formulas across multiple rows of data. That can be useful for parsing complex data; creating running totals, averages, percentages; and performing other mathematical calculations.
The Multi-Row Formula tool can only update 1 field per tool instance. If you want to update multiple fields, add a Multi-Row Formula tool to your workflow for each field you want to update.
Configure the Tool
- When the Active row is the 1st row, specify the Values for Rows That Don't Exist.
- Null: Null values are applied to nonexistent rows.
- 0 or Empty: The values are set to 0 or left empty (default).
- Set to Values of Closest Valid Row: The values of the closest valid row are set to the nonexistent rows.
- In the expression editor, choose a column from the dataset from the Output Column dropdown. If creating a new column, enter a name and then select the Type and Size.
- Build the expression that updates the chosen field.
- Group by Category and Sort (Optional): Either check fields individually or use Check All. If your data contains 4 or more columns, you can use the search bar to search for a specific column.
You can access Num Rows functionality through the x button in the expression editor.