Select Records Tool
Docs are available before the release of Designer Cloud so you can get a sneak peek. This content might change between now and the official release.
Use Select Records to return rows and ranges of rows that are specified, including discontinuous ranges of rows. This tool is useful for troubleshooting and sampling.
The Select Records tool has 2 anchors.
Input anchor: Use the input anchor to connect to the data you want to use in your workflow.
Output anchor: Use the output anchor to output the selected rows or range of rows from your data.
Configure the Tool
Ranges: Enter the rows or range of rows to return.
- A single digit returns only the entered row. For example,
3returns only row 3.
- A minus sign before a number returns row 1 through the entered row. For example,
-2returns rows 1 and 2.
- A range of numbers returns the rows in the range, including the entered rows. For example,
17-20returns rows 17, 18, 19, and 20.
- A number followed by a plus sign returns the entered row through the last row. For example,
50+returns row 50 through the last row.
- Any combination can be used at the same time by entering the numbers on a new line.