Use Main Menus
Docs are available before the release of Designer Cloud so you can get a sneak peek. This content might change between now and the official release.
Access various windows and common actions from the main menu in Alteryx Designer Cloud.
Switch Apps and Quick Links
Use the grid icon to switch to other Alteryx apps and to access Quick Links to these helpful resources:
- Community: Access the Alteryx Community portal.
- Help: Access the Alteryx Help Documentation portal.
These options are specific to creating and working with workflows.
- New Workflow (Alt+n): Create a new workflow (*.yxmd).
- Open... (Alt+o): Open a saved workflow. Shows the most recently accessed and saved workflows.
- Import...: Open workflows saved in your local files.
- Save (Alt+s): Save the active workflow.
- Save as: Save the active workflow to the selected location.
- Export (Alt+shift+e): Download the active workflow to your local machine.
Configure Designer Cloud via the View menu:
- Mini map: Shows a map of the entire canvas with a highlighted section that shows what's in view. To change your view, select and drag the highlighted section within the Mini map.
- Canvas grid: Adds a grid to the canvas.
- Tool description flyouts: When enabled, tool descriptions appear when you hover over a tool in the tool palette.
These options provide quick access to help with Alteryx Designer Cloud. Access the help menu via the question-mark icon.
- Guided Tour
- Starter Kits
- Alteryx Help: Opens Designer Cloud help.
Light and Dark Mode
Switch between light and dark mode with the sun icon and moon icon.
Change the language and log out of Designer Cloud via the User Settings Menu.
- Language: Select the Language version for Designer. Your options include...
- 简体中文 (Simplified Chinese)
- Français (French)
- Deutsch (German)
- Italiano (Italian)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Español (Spanish)
- Log Out: Log out of Designer Cloud.