Use the .NET API to integrate Alteryx functionality into your own applications and back-end systems. These assemblies are included:
- AlteryxAPI.Net.dll This assembly includes classes for running workflows and apps, accessing properties and settings for Alteryx, as well as high-level classes for accessing Allocate, Solocast, and Calgary functionality.
- AlteryxDocument.dll: This assembly provides access to Alteryx workflow properties and settings, including runtime settings for apps and macros.
- Allocate.Net.dll: This assembly exposes the low-level API for Allocate.
- Solocast.Net.dll: This assembly exposes the low-level API for Solocast.
- SrcUtils_DotNet.dll: This assembly includes utilities to support some of the Allocate and Solocast functionality.
You must have Visual C++ 2015 installed globally to use the .NET API. Alternatively, you can include the Visual C++ 2015 redistributable DLLs. You can find the DLLs in the Alteryx Designer installation folder: C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\.
To use the Alteryx API, include AlteryxAPI.Net.dll as a reference in your project. Then, copy the required DLLs to the appropriate folders. The required DLLs are found in the C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin folder in your Designer installation. See the AlteryxEngine API Overview.
Copy Required DLLs
The .NET DLLs contain resources required by the Alteryx API and must be copied to the appropriate folders for your executable to function properly.
- Create a folder structure to store the required DLLs and include the following DLL as a reference in your project:
- C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\AlteryxAPI.Net.dll
- C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\AlteryxDocument.dll
- C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\Base.Net.dll
- Copy the following DLLs to the same folder where you plan to load AlteryxAPI.Net.dll:
- C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\FlxComm64.dll
- C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\FlxConnect64.dll
- C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\FlxCore64.dll
- Copy the following DLL to the same folder as the executable that will call into AlteryxAPI.Net.dll:
For Alteryx versions 19.3 and later, only copy the following:
Example Folder Structure
For more information about the AlteryxEngine API, visit the API documentation in the Alteryx Designer installation folder: C:\Program Files\Alteryx\APIs\AlteryxEngineAPI.chm.