Create Access Token
This page provides information on how to generate API access tokens for use with the Machine Learning Send and Machine Learning Predict tools. An access token is a hashed string that enables authentication when submitted to any endpoint. Access tokens limit exposure of clear-text authentication values and provide an easy method of managing authentication outside of the browser. After you create a token, you can’t modify it or extend its lifetime.
Enable Access Tokens
Access to the APIs must be enabled by the project owner for the project.
When access tokens are enabled, by default only administrators have permission to generate tokens. Optionally, project administrators can enable individual users in the workspace to generate and use their own API access tokens.
Generate New Token
You can generate API access tokens from the platform home page.
- To access the platform home page, go to the upper-left menu and select Alteryx Cloud.
- From the platform home page, go to the upper-right User Menu and select Preferences > Access tokens.
- Select Generate new token.
- Enter the number of days the token should live. If you don’t want the token to expire, you can enter -1.
- (Optional) Enter a user-friendly description.
- Select Generate.
- Copy the value of the token to the clipboard and store it in a secure location. For security reasons, you can’t retrieve the token value itself from the application after you create it.
When to Use Access Tokens
Use your access token when you authenticate the Machine Learning Send and Machine Learning Predict tools in Designer. These tools allow you to stream data into Alteryx Machine Learning, make predictions, and then return it to your Designer workflows.