Alteryx uses Roles Based Access Control (RBAC) to restrict access to Alteryx products and some components of Platform. Users can be assigned multiple roles at once.
- No Role: Users who have not been assigned a role.
- IT Admin: For administrators who are responsible for setting up and managing enterprise applications.
- Platform Admin: For department leaders and power users who manage user access on behalf of IT.
- Designer Cloud Creator: For analysts who create and share workflows and datasets. This role grants users access to Designer Cloud.
- Machine Learning Creator: For analysts who create insights and predictive models. This role grants users access to Machine Learning.
This table outlines the permissions associated with each role for different parts of Platform.
|No Role||IT Admin||Platform Admin||Designer Cloud Creator||Machine Learning Creator|
|Create and Run Workflows||✓|
|Connect to Data Sources||✓|
|Manage SSO Configuration||✓|