Activate License Offline
To activate offline, you can activate with a file, or activate using an Alteryx License Server.
Activate License Offline (File Activation)
As an alternative to online activation, you can submit a request for an activation (.bin) file, upload the .req (request) file to the Alteryx Downloads and Licenses portal, and then use the .bin file to activate license keys on your computer. A separate license key is required for each product.
To activate Alteryx on a computer that is offline, you must have access to the Alteryx Downloads and Licenses portal on another computer so that you can upload the request (.req) file.
If you want to activate with a file, select Activate with File to open the Alteryx Offline Activation window.
Create Request (.req) File from Offline Computer
- Open Alteryx Designer. If the Alteryx Designer Activation window does not open automatically, select Options > Manage Licenses. When the window opens, select Activate New License.
- Select Activate Offline at the very bottom of the window.
- In the Offline Activation window, select Create to create a request (.req) file to request product activation.
- Enter your First name, Last name, and Email address and then enter or paste your License keys. Use lowercase letters when you enter your email address.
- Select Create request. Alteryx creates a request file with your email address and .req extension. For example, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Select Save to save the request (.req) file where it can be accessed from the Alteryx Downloads and Licenses portal or send the file to your license administrator.
Upload Request File to Alteryx Downloads and Licenses Portal
Internet access is required for these steps.
- Sign in to the Alteryx Downloads and Licenses portal at licenses.alteryx.com.
- On the Home page, select Upload Activation Request.
- Select Browse to find and select the request (.req) file.
- Select to upload the request (.req) file. The Alteryx Downloads and Licenses portal generates an activation file with your email address and .bin extension. For example, email@example.com. Alteryx saves the activation file as a binary (.bin) file to the computer's default download location. The .bin file contains the activation information.
- Select Save to save the activation (.bin) file so that you can access it from the offline computer.
Open Activation (.bin) File on Offline Computer
On the offline computer, browse to the activation file you created in the previous step. This file must be accessible to the offline computer. If you sent the file to the offline computer, you can search for capabilityresponse.bin file to locate it.
- In the Alteryx Designer Activation window on the offline computer, select Back. Alternatively, select Options > Manage Licenses > Activate New License to open the Alteryx Offline Activation window.
- Select Browse to find and select the activation (.bin) file.
- In the Activation Success window, select Experience Alteryx.
The Alteryx Designer tools are now available.
Activate with License Server
To activate with a License Server...
- Open Alteryx Designer. If the Alteryx Designer Activation window does not open automatically, select Options > Manage Licenses. When the window opens, select Activate New License. Alteryx Server: If you have no valid licenses, Alteryx displays Install License. Select OK to continue.
- Select Activate by License Server. Alteryx displays Manage Products.
- In License Server Connectivity, select Connect. Alteryx displays available licenses. If this is the first time you have activated Alteryx, enter your email address.
- Select Activate for each product you want to activate.
- Select Close.
Visit Activate License Online for instructions on online activation.