Analytics Hub 2021.2 Release Notes
Release Note Product Versions
|Version||Date||Release||End of Support|
|2021.2.9.5d2fe849||May 17, 2021||Final||November 17, 2022|
Now you can sync credentials created in Designer or Analytics Hub. To sync your credentials, open Designer and go to File > Manage Credentials > Synchronization > Analytics Hub.
Delete a Site
Platform Admins can now delete Sites. To delete a Site, go to Platform Admin > Sites. Select the vertical ellipsis icon > Delete Site.
YXDB Output and Download Options
You can now choose a file type when downloading a YXDB file stored on AAH. To convert a YXDB file to another supported file type, open the file's details page. Select Download. Supported file types are CSV, XLSX, TDE, KML, SHP, TAB, MIF, and DBF.
Install Using Existing, Customer-Managed Postgres
During installation, you have the option to use an existing customer-managed Postgres instance or the instance installed with Analytics Hub.
Notification Settings and Profile Page
We've added a user profile page. To go to your profile page, select your avatar from the top of any AAH page > Profile. On your profile page, you can set notification preferences, change your password, change your name, change your avatar, and more.
Python Data Connector Support
We've added support for credentials used in Python SDK tools. This allows workflows that contain converted Data Connectors to run. To use this new feature, go to Credentials > + Add > New Credential. Check the option for Allowed in SDKs and create your new credential.
Select Location for Multiple Outputs
Now you can specify multiple output locations for files created by a workflow and view file outputs in Dependencies. To view file outputs and change an output file location, go to a workflow's details page. Find Dependencies. For any Dependency with an output, hover and select the vertical ellipsis icon > Change Output File Location.
Known Issues and Limitations
- Analytics Hub only supports Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer 11. Using an unsupported browser might cause issues in the application interface or other failures.
- Self-signed certificates that are provided by the ayxhub.ps1 script are only valid for 60 days.
- Configuring Analytics Hub with certificates containing special characters in the certificate password might fail due to limitations with how PowerShell parses some special characters. Try wrapping the password in single quotation marks (for example, ayxhub.ps1 -https enable C:\ssl\host.domain.com.crt C:\ssl\host.domain.com.key C:\ssl\bundle.crt C:\ssl\host.domain.com.pfx ‘password’).
Consumer Role Limitations
- Consumers can't use bulk download functionality.
- Attempting to drag and drop a file into Analytics Hub might cause the file to open in the browser - this is because consumers can't upload files. This could also happen to users without Create permission in a folder.
Content Displayed in Tables
- Content might not refresh automatically after an action is performed. Refresh your browser if the content isn't updating.
- Sorting in tables throughout the platform might be case-sensitive.
- Columns might not be resizable.
- Content might be truncated or difficult to read whenever the window size is not full screen.
- Syncing the same data source across sites simultaneously can cause failures in the data catalog load.
- Failed sync operations might leave entries in the data catalog that conflict with future sync attempts. This can be mitigated by using the re-run feature on the failed job within the data catalog results table.
Deleted Content and Users
- When deleting a user or removing them from a site, their content will remain and should be manually removed or transferred to new owners.
- Some workflows that appear to fail upload might actually succeed. Check Analytics Hub to confirm.
- New file versions are automatically created when uploading an existing workflow. No warning is provided.
Dialog Response Time
- Some dialogs might not immediately respond to user input as they are still processing the request. Acting again during this processing might cause issues. Examples, where this might occur, are creating a site and creating a group.
File Upload Dialog
- Issues with the dialog showing in-progress file uploads might happen when uploading a large number of files or navigating to various pages while a file is uploading.
- Disabled user accounts are synced.
Microsoft .NET Core
- Microsoft .NET Core places extracted files for the runtime of the Alteryx Engine Worker in folder C:\Windows\Temp\.net\CutlassApi\. Disk cleanup utilities or antivirus programs could delete these files causing Alteryx workflow executions to fail. You might see the error message "Failed to retrieve asset." If this occurs, delete the C:\Windows\Temp\.net\CutlassApi\ directory and restart the AlteryxEngineWorker service. A workaround to prevent this problem is to set the Windows Environment variable DOTNET_BUNDLE_EXTRACT_BASE_DIR to the Analytics Hub installation folder (for example, C:\Program Files\Alteryx\Extracted_Runtime_Files\). After setting the environment variable, restart the AlteryxEngineWorker service for the setting to take effect. In a multi-node environment, make this change on all Analytics Hub machines. We're evaluating a permanent solution for this issue.
- Metrics displayed on the Overview page might not display correctly depending on actions taken on the platform.
- Some reports might not render as expected if generated from a run on Analytics Hub, specifically HTML output type.
- Insights are not supported.
- A worker might not appear as active if the heartbeat setting is modified to be higher than 60 seconds.
- Changing the Workflow Logs folder might display an error in the application interface but logs will still be written to the chosen location.
- A warning about user permissions is not displayed when sharing with the ‘All Users’ group.
- A site named ‘metrics’ will cause an issue due to a naming conflict with product functionality.
- Underscores in site names might cause login errors.
Special Characters and Encoding
- Characters other than numbers and English letters (for example, ~, _) might not display properly in the application interface or might cause issues. Examples:
- Spaces in a file or schedule name might appear as %20.
- Characters used in files loaded to the data catalog might cause failures or issues navigating to the file.
- Searching for a file with a name containing certain characters might return unexpected results.
- Metadata loaders for the data catalog fail if there are special characters (for example, @!") in the password for the connection.
- LDAPS:// is not checking for certificates in 20.2 or 20.2.1. Without proper certs in place, it will revert to LDAP://. If you're using LDAPS://, make sure to have a local (non-LDAP) platform admin account set up before you upgrade in case LDAP authentication fails after upgrade due to the cert issue.
- If Postgres is shut down before the upgrade, it will not start up automatically after. Restart Analytics Hub with the ayxhub.ps1 PowerShell script.
- The site settings page doesn't always migrate. After upgrade, Site Admins should check previous setting values. Also, set new site settings for Run Priority, Data Preview for Data Catalog, and File Upload Restrictions.
- The upgrade process sets all users to the Analytics Hub User license type. You might see an "Invalid license" error and a negative number in the Available column. To resolve the error, reassign the correct license types.
- When upgrading from 20.2, the upgrade process removes the Analytics Hub Engine Worker. Check your engine worker status after the upgrade. It shouldn't be Active or Licensed. If that is true, re-enter your Analytics Hub Engine Worker license key.
- You might experience an increase in upgrade time to 2021.2 due to additional analysis of files on the system for new features.
- Remove Users and Remove From Site options in the Users table will only remove user roles, not group roles.
- A non-functioning SMTP configuration can cause delays in user creation.
- Bulk removal of groups might not complete as expected.
- Some dependencies will not appear if they are in a macro.
- When you upload a workflow via drag and drop, Analytics Hub doesn't recognize connections, and an "Unknown Data Source/Connection" message displays.
- Workflow dependencies are only displayed for Input Data tools and Output Data tools in non-bulk load configurations.
Fixed and Known Issues by Defect Number
Major Release Version 2021.2.9.5d2fe849
|DE27009||Running a workflow failed if the workflow name was changed and included any special, Japanese, or Russian symbols.||2021.2.9.5d2fe849||Fixed|
|DE28390||Since we only show 10 users in a list when adding to a group or adding site admins to a site, this list gets repopulated every time you select a user from the list. Now you aren't stuck with a static list of 10 users.||2021.2.9.5d2fe849||Fixed|
|DE28408||If a workflow fails when running, now any outputs from that workflow prior to it failing will be output. Prior to this if a workflow failed for any reason, no outputs were available.||2021.2.9.5d2fe849||Fixed|
|DE28815||You can now filter the jobs table by date. Prior to this fix, filtering by date caused the table (Results/Queue/Schedules).||2021.2.9.5d2fe849||Fixed|
|DE28519 DE28521 DE28551 DE28552||Dependency table was not loading after deleting the owner of the workflow, data source, and connection.||2021.2.9.5d2fe849||Fixed|
|DE29212||Previously, if you tried to edit a schedule with a UNC path, the modal wouldn't load all of the schedule properties and some fields were left blank. Now you can edit the schedule successfully.||2021.2.9.5d2fe849||Fixed|
|DE28561||When the output folder is set to a network folder with special permissions during the workflow execution, the output fails to be written to this folder.||2021.2.9.5d2fe849||Known|
|DE29940||Scheduled metadata loaders for the following technologies — Postgres, MSSQL, and Oracle — will start to fail after the upgrade to the 21.2 version of Hub. We recommend you to create new schedules and delete the old ones afterwards. Newly created schedules will then run correctly. Please note that if you try to edit these new schedules, an error might appear. This error can be ignored as it does not have effect on the schedule or run of the loader.||2021.2.9.5d2fe849||Known|