Connect 2018.2 Release Notes
Last modified: October 10, 2019
You can now upload metadata to Connect from the following data sources:
- Azure Data Lake Stores
- Snowflake Server
- MySQL Server
- Qlik Sense
- Connect can be configured to harvest metadata from Alteryx Gallery without leaving the Connect platform.
- The process for registering a single sign-on service using SAML protocol has been streamlined.
- The Connect REST API is now publicly available, allowing users to pull data from Connect.
- Deleted assets are marked as inactive. Inactive assets can be purged by an administrator.
- Administrators can restrict the file types that can be uploaded.
- Asset lineage now supports MSSQL and Oracle Synonyms.
- Loading jobs now support blobs.
- The field editor has additional functionality, including video.
- The popularity indicator provides a summary of the inputs that lead to that asset's popularity score.
- The Advanced Search page has been adjusted for consistency.
- Lucene Index has minor performance improvements.
Known and Fixed Issues
.xls file support has been corrected.
|Tables in the field editor occasionally produce merged cells||Known|
|Clicking a Tableau project opens the site instead of the project due to REST API constraints.||Known|
|Tools containing assets created by Connect are not recognized by Gallery, causing Gallery to reject workflows containing them.||Known|