Connect 2018.3 Release Notes
Last modified: October 10, 2019
You can now upload metadata to Connect from the following data sources:
- Azure Data Lake Stores
- Azure Data Catalog
- Alteryx Insights
- Impala Database
- Administrators can now disable user self sign-up.
- Users can search Community from Connect search.
- Users can embed pages, such as Tableau reports, from trusted external websites in asset descriptions.
- Asset recommendation (beta) is available.
- Connect now accepts metadata from Alteryx Insights, Azure Data Catalog, and Impala Database.
- New loaders can be executed in Connect with connected Gallery.
Known and Fixed Issues
|Connect credentials display, even when an SAML provider is registered.||Fixed|
|On IE11, you are automatically redirected to the home page after signing out, which prevents using alternative credentials when Windows Authentication is enabled.||Known|
|On IE11, placeholder text does not display for the alternate names of assets.||Known|
|Loaded assets are versioned starting at version 2 if the asset has an attachment.||Known|