Connect 2019.4 Release Notes
Last modified: November 10, 2021
Release Date: December 9, 2019
- A notification will go to the user that was mentioned on an asset. Also, the actions Dislike and Decertify will now trigger a notification.
- Connect has been upgraded to OpenJDK11 for security and performance improvements.
- Upload metadata to Connect from Alteryx Promote.
- The parsing speed of QlikView files was improved.
- Support for new Tableau GraphQL API was added.
- We added brand new API Catalog which allows automatically list the APIs from workflows.
- Uploaded file types are restricted by default. These restrictions can be changed anytime by an administrator in the Connect Configuration section.
- Many performance improvements regarding speed of metadata loading, system startup, asset detail rendering, and removing inactive versions in bulk.
- Asset Identity switch for columns was added so that an administrator can decide if columns will be treated as separate assets or parts of the table asset.
- Column references displaying all column level mappings were added.
- Support to load multiple Tableau and Alteryx servers into Connect was added.
- Support for loading of public synonyms from SAP HANA was added.
- DB2 loader was redesigned to support different DB2 platforms at once.
- S3 loader was redesigned to speed up the loading and handle large volumes of files.
Known and Fixed Issues
|US54372||Notification on both "Like" and "Dislike" events is being sent out to the owner of an asset.||Fixed||19.4|
|US54982||Custom fields of an asset are lost once the asset is reloaded.||Fixed||19.4|
|DE20982||When Admin API is not enabled for the fast deployment in Gallery, there is no error message when the Test connection or Harvest button is pressed.||Fixed||19.4|
|DE21271||Only the superadmin account is able to see the "Download Service Provider Metadata" button on the SSO configuration page.||Fixed||19.4|
|DE21526||H2 backup is allowed only for superadmin.||Fixed||19.4|
|DE21078||Wrong calculation of 'Yesterday' in the Recent Activity section.||Fixed||19.4|
|DE21665||Advanced search doesn’t find value when using a space character.||Fixed||19.4|
|DE21529||Connect Request header is too large for SSL.||Fixed||19.4|
|DE21987||To perform searching in dropdown custom fields admin needs to resave them.||Fixed||19.4|