Designer 2019.4 Release Notes
Last modified: August 31, 2021
|Release Note Product Versions|
|Version||Release Date||Release||End of Support|
|2019.4.4.20206||December 9, 2019||Major||June 9, 2021|
|2019.4.6.21113||January 6, 2020||Minor||July 6, 2021|
|2019.4.8.22007||January 27, 2020||Minor||July 27, 2021|
- The Input Data tool now supports reading Tableau Hyper Data Extract (.hyper) files.
- The Multi-Field Formula tool field selection pane is now re-sizable and can accommodate a large number of fields.
- Designer is now available in Italian.
- Designer is now available in beta for Chinese.
- You can now insert and delete a header from the drop-down menu in the Text Input tool, making copying and pasting easier.
- You can copy cells, rows, and text from other applications (such as Excel) and paste them into Alteryx, creating a Text Input.
- You can now select or deselect all left or right fields in a Join Tool in the tool configuration menu.
- The Find tool (can be opened using the shortcut CTRL + F or by clicking Edit < Find in Designer) was enhanced with the following features:
- Users can interact with the workflow while it's open.
- There is now a results window showing where the value is found. Each column can be sorted, and the number of matches are included.
- Canvas indicators for found and selected tools.
- New filters and match cases.
- There are now more options for copying and pasting a tool in a workflow.
- Multi Resolution Raster (MRR) created by Pitney Bowes is the new reader for read file only, supporting a single raster band from a file, with each pixel in the raster band containing a value.
- You can now turn location data into business outcomes with high-quality, detailed basemaps from Mapbox. Mapbox macros are now available in the Alteryx Gallery.
- You can now use your dataset to calculate/aggregate (aggregate within the tool) the sum, count, average, minimum, and maximum of your selected value(s) chosen.
- Syntax and parenthesis highlighting is now available in the SQL editor and R tool.
Fixed and Known Issues
Major Release Version 2019.4.4.20206
|DE9123||In the Text Input tool, All Records with Headers pastes only the header when you Ctl + V inside of a cell.||2019.4.4.20206||Fixed|
|DE13188||Amazon S3 Download tool - error from AWS: The HTTP version specified is not supported.||2019.4.4.20206||Fixed|
|DE15315||Incorrect datatype when writing to Oracle.||2019.4.4.20206||Fixed|
|DE15380||RecordID tool output is different after selecting the tool||2019.4.4.20206||Fixed|
|DE15550||Incorrect behavior when copying manually to Text input tool.||2019.4.4.20206||Fixed|
|DE16857||Error with an append to the hyper file.||2019.4.4.20206||Fixed|
|DE17784||Post SWFL error with merge.||2019.4.4.20206||Fixed|
|DE19574||Fix insights on Gallery.||2019.4.4.20206||Fixed|
|DE19709||Reading NCLOBs with OCI truncates data.||2019.4.4.20206||Fixed|
|DE19951||Unable to upload an insight to Gallery.||2019.4.4.20206||Fixed|
|DE19982||Formulas assigned input fields fail to read back in later formulas.||2019.4.4.20206||Fixed|
|DE20351||App Interface button in toolbar disappears after resetting to defaults.||2019.4.4.20206||Fixed|
|DE20457||Multi-byte character data gets garbled from Report Text to and other Composer tools w/ the email tool.||2019.4.4.20206||Fixed|
|DE20566||Find Tool dialog should handle up/down arrows more intelligently.||2019.4.4.20206||Fixed|
|DE20622||LLS does not honor proxy bypass list settings.||2019.4.4.20206||Fixed|
|DE20649||View XML: Syntax highlighting for Annotation (CData) stops syntax highlighting.||2019.4.4.20206||Fixed|
|DE20750||Input Data annotation shows a large SQL query in the annotation.||2019.4.4.20206||Fixed|
|DE20751||Connect In-Db annotations show a large SQL query in the annotation.||2019.4.4.20206||Fixed|
|DE20752||Exception when pasting in the R Tool, XML editor, SQL editor, when FIPS is enabled.||2019.4.4.20206||Fixed|
|DE20753||Copy and paste can freeze the R tool, SQL editor and XML editor.||2019.4.4.20206||Fixed|
|DE20916||The Interactive Charting tool scatterplot dot sizes don't change when using a data field.||2019.4.4.20206||Fixed|
|DE20958||InDB Score tool throws Unexpected error when running regression workflow.||2019.4.4.20206||Fixed|
|DE21018||Clicking on asset checkboxes are not working after initial export.||2019.4.4.20206||Fixed|
|DE21021||2019.x ignoring proxy details from Internet Options.||2019.4.4.20206||Fixed|
|DE21119||Table tool doesn't allow color graph on Formula.||2019.4.4.20206||Fixed|
|DE21128||Page numbers in the report footer have an issue when there are more than 18 pages.||2019.4.4.20206||Fixed|
|DE21143||Workflow events are not sending email.||2019.4.4.20206||Fixed|
|DE21157||Export Workflow and Save to Gallery does not work for Spanish and Portuguese.||2019.4.4.20206||Fixed|
|DE21184||Keyboard shortcuts do not work when a floating dockable window has the focus||2019.4.4.20206||Fixed|
|DE21488||Error received when sending multiple email addresses over GMail relay.||2019.4.4.20206||Fixed|
|DE21578||CEF Renderer does not support proxy.||2019.4.4.20206||Fixed|
|US55496||In the Test View in the Interface Designer of a Batch Macro, control parameters are now text boxes so custom values can be used to debug workflows.||2019.4.4.20206||Fixed|
Minor Release Version 2019.4.6.21113
|DE22655||Email events are broken in workflows on Gallery.||2019.4.6.21113||Fixed|
|DE22753||Auto-detect SMTP in email workflow events is broken.||2019.4.6.21113||Fixed|
Minor Release Version 2019.4.8.22007
|DE19245||Extra blank pages inserted on Allocate Reports when saving PDFs from PCXML/Gallery.||2019.4.8.22007||Fixed|
|DE22456||AQB not displaying tables/metadata in Teradata.||2019.4.8.22007||Fixed|
|DE22485||Workflow runs and sends out an email message with a corrupted attachment.||2019.4.8.22007||Fixed|
|DE22573||Histogram Tool treats Japanese strings as a variable.||2019.4.8.22007||Fixed|
|DE22574||Scroll bar is unavailable for Japanese users.||2019.4.8.22007||Fixed|
|DE22633||Association Analysis tool errors for Japanese language.||2019.4.8.22007||Fixed|
|DE22736||Unable to save style changes in the Fuzzy Match tool.||2019.4.8.22007||Fixed|
|DE22751||32-bit OCI connections not working in 2019.4 release.||2019.4.8.22007||Fixed|
|DE22966||Email tool contains raw HTML.||2019.4.8.22007||Fixed|
|DE23006||Intermittently unable to select/deselect assets from the export modal (Options > Export). Issue is always present with relative paths and is intermittent with absolute paths.||2019.4.8.22007||Fixed|
|DE20840||In the Insight tool, an error appears when creating a new filter in design mode.||2019.4.4.20206||Known|
|DE20844||Leading and trailing spaces are removed from the data in the Table tool.||2019.4.4.20206||Known|
|DE20865||Moving the overview pane while a workflow is running causes Designer to crash.||2019.4.4.20206||Known|
|DE20907||A macro without a path causes other macros to break.||2019.4.4.20206||Known|
|DE20920||Histogram tool is treating Japanese strings as a variable.||2019.4.4.20206||Known|
|DE20922||In the Interactive Chart tool, the user cannot remove the automated suffix label if the numeric values are very large.||2019.4.4.20206||Known|
|DE20941||The scroll bar in Export Workflow is unavailable for Japanese users.||2019.4.4.20206||Known|
|DE21219||Adding any tools to output anchors except Browse causes unexpected errors.||2019.4.4.20206||Known|
|DE21241||In the Insight tool, data labels can be incorrect when aggregating numeric values.||2019.4.4.20206||Known|
|DE21243||Street Geocoder UK crashes in version 2019.3 but not 2019.2.||2019.4.4.20206||Known|
|DE21433||Quartile values include minimum margin of error when profiling numeric values.||2019.4.4.20206||Known|
|DE22651||Unable to input and output Japanese name hyper file.||2019.4.4.20206||Known|
|DE22655||Workflow events are not sending emails in Server version 19.4 if the workflow with events enabled was built and saved in Designer 19.3 or earlier.||2019.4.4.20206||Known|
|DE22669||Tableau Hyper Data Extract (.hyper) files writes fixed decimal data types as string data types.||2019.4.4.20206||Known|