Server 2018.3 Release Notes
Last modified: March 02, 2020
|Release Note Product Versions|
|2018.3.4.51585||August 27, 2018||Major|
|2018.3.5.52487*||October 1, 2018||Minor|
|*No items in this release|
Server Job Prioritization
- A Server Admin can assign a priority level to workers to control which jobs are run by each worker or to reserve specific workers for higher priority requests.
- When running a workflow or while creating a job schedule, users (if enabled by the Server Admin) can select a priority level of Low, Medium, High, or Critical to ensure certain jobs always take priority over others.
- If multiple jobs are queued, jobs run in priority order starting with the highest priority. If no priorities are set, or jobs have the same priority level, jobs run based on their order in the queue.
Server Worker Assignment
- A Server Admin can add job tags to workers to control which jobs are run by each worker.
- When running a workflow or while creating a job schedule, users (if enabled by the Server Admin) can select a job tag to assign specific workers to run jobs.
- A Server Admin can also designate a worker to run jobs that have not been assigned a job tag.
If a user does not select a job tag for a workflow or job, the workflow or job will run on the default worker designated in the studio, or any worker that has been designated to run unassigned jobs.
Fixed and Known Issues
Major Release Version 2018.3.4.51585
|DE15197||Issues with how some user data displayed in the Gallery Admin window, Users table have been fixed.||2018.3.4.51585||Fixed|
|DE16054||Gallery logins are valid for password regardless of length.||2018.3.4.51585||Fixed|
|DE16313||The Send usage data for jobs run on the Server check box no longer resets when the Systems Settings application is launched.||2018.3.4.51585||Fixed|
|DE17042||When using SAML authentication in the Gallery, an issue exists where SAML authentication failure occurs if the base URL is set to anything without "/gallery".||2018.3.4.51585||Known|
|DE16050||Having an "&" in the output message configuration in the Interface Designer for an analytic application will cause an error when saving to the Gallery.||2018.3.4.51585||Known|
|DE18069||An issue occurs when generating a License Request File from command line using the AlteryxActivateLicenseKeyCmd.exe command. To activate offline, you can still generate the License Request File from the Alteryx Offline Activation window in Alteryx. For help, visit the online help page& Activate a License Offline, the community article How to License Alteryx, or watch a short video.||2018.3.4.51585||Known|