A collection allows users to share workflows with others who are not part of the same subscription (studio). Users can create collections, add workflows and insights, and choose the users and groups that have access to them.
Collection owners can give other users permission to share a collection and to edit workflows that have been shared in that collection. Users who have been given the permission to edit shared workflows, can open and edit the workflows in Alteryx Designer and can save the changed workflow back to the collection in their Gallery. Admins can manage the users and groups that have access to a collection, and can change the owner of the collection as well.
To manage collections, click Collections on the navigation bar. The Collections page provides visibility into the number of collections that have been created by users. From this page you can view the following information about each collection:
- The date the collection was created
- The name of the collection
- The owner of the collection
- The number of workflows and insights that have been shared in the collection
- The number of users given access to the collection
- The number of subscriptions (studios) given access to the collection
- Whether or not the users in the collection can share or edit the workflows and insights in the collection
Edit a collection
On the Collections page, click Details to view the details of the collection and edit the following options:
- Click the Edit image to select a user and change the owner of the collection.
- Click the Users tab to add or delete a user or group from the collection.
- Click the Subscriptions tab to add or delete a studio from the collection.
Using Windows AD groups in the Gallery
If you configured the Gallery to use Windows authentication, you can manage user and group access to the Gallery from the Permissions page. Once you have added a Windows Active Directory group to the Gallery, you can then add that group to a collection to give all users in the group access to the workflows in the collection.