List Box Tool
The List Box interface tool adds a list box where users can make multiple selections in an application or macro.
Configure the tool
Use the following options to configure the List Box tool.
- Enter the text or question to be displayed: Instruction text displayed to the end user.
- All Checked by Default: Select the check box to show all items in the list as selected to the end user.
- Select Tool Mode: Select this option to populate the list with the data types found in the connected tool.
- Generate Custom List: Select this option to generate a list of the selected values. Specify the format by defining a indicator for Start Text, Separator, and End Text.
List Values: Select from one of the following list value types to populate the list:
List Value Description Field Types Populates the list with the Designer-supported field types. External Source
Populates the list with values from a specified file or database connection.Properties
Specify the file location of the External Source File.
Format the file to contain the Name field in the first column and the Value field in the second column.
The end user selects a name from the list to generate the corresponding value. The file can be a relative path to the saved workflow, but the end user must have the external source file saved to the same path.
Fields from Connected Tool
Populates the list with the fields found in a connected tool. A tool must be connected to the optional input anchor.
Manually set values
Populates the list with manually-entered values.Properties
Type one data pair per line in the format Name:Value. If no Value is specified, Name is returned as the Value.
- Allocate Datasets
- Geocoder Datasets
- Drivetime Datasets
- Behavior Analysis Datasets
- Reference Base Maps
Select a dataset to populate the list.
If the user does not have access to the dataset, the workflow displays an error when the application or macro runs.
File Browse in this Analytic App/Macro
Populates the list with the fields found in the connected File Browse Tool. A File Browse interface tool must be connected to the optional input anchor.
Fields from Macro Input
Populates the list with the fields found in the connected Macro Input Tool. A Macro Input tool must be connected to the optional input anchor.