|Type of Support:||Read & Write|
|Connection Type:||ODBC (32- and 64-bit)|
|Driver Details:|| The ODBC driver can be downloaded from Amazon Athena. An AWS account must be created.
Write-only Bulk load support is available for standard workflows.
Alteryx tools used to connect
To use the bulk connection via the Output Data tool:
- Click the Write to File or Database drop-down and select Other Databases > Amazon Athena Bulk.
- Select a Data Source Name (or click ODBC Admin to create one). See ODBC and OLEDB Database Connections.
- (Optional) Type a User Name and Password.
- In the Amazon S3 section, type or paste your AWS Access Key and AWS Secret Key to access the data for upload.
- In the Secret Key Encryption drop-down, select an encryption option:
- Hide: Hide the password using minimal encryption.
- Encrypt for Machine: Any user on the computer will be able to fully use the connection.
- Encrypt for User: The logged in user can use the connection on any computer.
If the Bucket you select is not in the region of the endpoint you specify, the following error occurs: “The bucket you are attempting to access must be addressed using the specified endpoint. Please send all future requests to this endpoint.” Select Default to clear the error.
Regions created after January 30, 2014 support only Signature Version 4. The following regions require Signature Version 4 authentication:
- US East (Ohio) Region
- Canada (Central) Region
- Asia Pacific (Mumbai) Region
- Asia Pacific (Seoul) Region
- EU (Frankfurt) Region
- EU (London) Region
- China (Beijing) Region
- None (Default): No encryption method is used.
- SSE-KMS: Use server-side encryption with AWS KMS-managed keys. Optionally provide a KMS Key ID. When you select this method, Use Signature V4 for Authentication is enabled by default.
Configure Output Options
Size of Bulk Load Chunks (1 MB to 102400 MB): To increase upload performance, large files are split into smaller files with a specified integer size, in megabytes. The default value is 128.
Quotes are not supported.
Only .csv files are supported.
Partitioning is not supported.