The Map tool displays an interactive map for the end user to draw or select map objects within an app or macro. The user's selection is passed to downstream tools.
This tool has an optional input connector that can accept a drop down list of available Base Maps. See Base Map below for more information.
Configure the tool
Enter the text or question to be displayed: The text presented to the app user defining how to use the Map control.
Base Map: The background map layers presented to the end user.
To display a drop down list of available Base Maps to the end user, configure a Drop Down Tool with 'Reference Base Maps' as the List Values and connect it to the input connector of the Map tool.
Select/Draw: The number of features the end user can select or draw. By default, end users are limited to a single feature.
Zoom To: The initial zoom presented to the end user. The initial state does not prevent the end user from zooming or navigating the map.
- Default: The entire continental US.
- Custom: A customized field of view. Select Edit Bounds to customize using the Select Map Bounds window. Use the pan and zoom controls to position the map and click OK to save the custom zoom.
- Reference File: A specified reference map file.
Reference Layer: A reference layer for the consumer to use. Be default, end users do not see a reference layer.
- None: No reference layer is used.
- File Browse Question (must be connected): Requires a File Browse question to associate the Map file browse with.
- Reference File: The reference file's File Path and Label Field, a column containing the label data.
Mode: Set the method of interaction available to the end user.
- Select from Reference Layer: The end user selects objects from the map layer. The selected objects are used as the app input.
- Draw: The end user draws objects on the map layer. Select which objects Users Can Draw: Points, Lines, and Polygons. Select User Can Label Features to allow end users to add labels to the objects they create.