The Condition tool tests for entered values and returns either true or false. The Condition tool is similar to a Filter Tool. If values meet the criteria of the expression, they come out of the True output. If they do not meet the criteria, they come out of the False output.
Configure the tool
Use any of these methods to build an expression:
- Type directly in the expression editor.
- Click Variables to browse through variables that can be used in the expression. Double-click the variable to add it to the expression editor.
- Connections from Questions: Values from an Interface tool connected to the Question anchor of a tool with an expression editor, when the tool is used in an app or macro. Use the Question anchor when you want question values to be used as variables in the expression. See Interface Tools.
- Constants: Global variables for a workflow that make it possible to change a value in a single location and have that change apply to the rest of the workflow. See Constants.
- Click Functions to browse through categories of functions. Double-click the function to add it to the expression editor. See Functions.
- Click Saved Expressions to browse through recent and saved expressions. Double-click the expression to add it to the expression editor.
- Type the expression.
- Click Save.
- Type a name for the expression and click OK.